Whether you’re a Finland or Iceland citizen, traveling to India for business or pleasure can be made simpler with the right visa. To help make your journey as stress-free and straightforward as possible, we’re putting together a comprehensive guide on everything you need to know about obtaining an Indian Visa. Indian Visa for Finland Citizens
Introduction to the Indian Visa Process
Assuming that you are a citizen of Finland or Iceland, the process of obtaining an Indian visa is actually quite straightforward. In fact, citizens of these two countries are eligible for what is known as an e-Visa, which can be obtained entirely online. Here is a step-by-step guide to getting your Indian visa:
- Go to the official website of the Government of India’s e-Visa facility (evisa.gov.in).
- On the homepage, select your country of citizenship from the drop-down menu.
- You will be redirected to a new page with specific instructions for your nationality. Read these carefully and make sure you understand them before proceeding.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of the page.
- Fill out the online application form with all of the required information. Be sure to double-check that everything is correct before submitting it.
- Pay the visa fee using a credit or debit card (the amount will vary depending on your nationality and length of stay in India).
- Once your payment has been processed, you will receive an email confirming your application and providing further instructions. Follow these instructions to upload any additional documents that may be required (such as a passport photo). Indian Visa for Iceland Citizens
- Once your application is complete, you should receive another email confirmation within 4-5 days with your e-Visa attached as a PDF
Prerequisite Documents Needed for an Indian Visa
There are a few prerequisite documents needed for an Indian visa which are listed below.
- A valid passport with at least six months validity remaining and with at least two blank pages for visa stamps.
- A duly filled and signed application form.
- Recent passport-size photographs (5 in total) adhering to the requirements mentioned on the website of the embassy or consulate where you will be applying for the visa.
- Proof of onward/return travel, such as flight itinerary, hotel booking or e-ticket confirmation.
- Supporting documents for the purpose of your trip, such as a business letter for business visitors, invitation letter from friends or family for tourists, etc.
- Applicable visa fees (paid in cash or bank draft).
Eligibility Requirements for Finland and Iceland Citizens
There are a few eligibility requirements that Iceland and Finland citizens must meet in order to obtain an Indian visa. These requirements are as follows:
-The applicant must have a passport that is valid for at least six months from the date of arrival in India.
-The applicant must have a clean criminal record and must not have been involved in any illegal activities.
-The applicant must have a valid return ticket to their country of origin.
-The applicant must have all the necessary documents required for the visa application process.
Steps to Apply for an Indian Visa
If you are a citizen of Finland or Iceland, you will need to obtain an Indian visa in order to travel to India. The process for doing so is relatively simple, and can be completed entirely online. Below are the steps you will need to take in order to apply for an Indian visa:
- Go to the website of the Indian Mission that has jurisdiction over your country of residence. In the case of Finland or Iceland, this would be the Embassy of India in Helsinki or Reykjavik, respectively.
- On the homepage of the Embassy website, locate and click on the link for “ Visa Application Form .” This will take you to the online application form.
- Carefully fill out all of the required information on the application form. Be sure to double-check that all of your information is accurate before submitting it.
- Once you have submitted your application form, you will need to pay the applicable visa fee. This can be done online through the website of the Embassy of India using a credit or debit card.
- After your visa fee has been paid, print out a copy of your confirmation receipt and attach it to your application form. Then, submit your completed application form along with all required supporting documents (such as a passport-sized photo and proof of travel plans) to the Embassy by mail or in person.
- Your visa will typically be processed within 7-10 business days