Planning to visit India? If you’re a Malaysian or Norwegian citizen, you might be wondering what kind of visa is required for your visit. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll cover the visa requirements for both Malaysian and Norwegian citizens, so that you can know exactly what to expect before your journey!
Overview of Indian Visa Requirements
As of September 2020, Malaysian and Norwegian citizens need a visa to enter India. Indian visas can be obtained from the Indian Embassy or Consulate in your home country, or online through the Indian e-Visa website. INDIAN VISA FOR MALAYSIAN CITIZENS
There are several types of visas available for India, depending on your purpose of travel. Tourist visas are valid for up to 60 days, while business visas can be valid for up to one year. If you are planning to stay in India for longer than 60 days, you will need to apply for a long-term visa.
To apply for an Indian visa, you will need a passport that is valid for at least six months from the date of your planned arrival in India. You will also need two passport-sized photographs, and may need to provide additional documents such as proof of onward travel and proof of sufficient funds.
Once you have obtained your visa, make sure to keep it safe as you will need to present it upon arrival in India. Keep in mind that your visa is only valid for the specific dates and purposes indicated on the visa itself; if you change your plans, you will need to apply for a new visa.
Types of Indian Visas
There are numerous types of visas available for Indian citizens, depending on the purpose of travel. The most common type of visa is the tourist visa, which allows for travel to India for leisure purposes. Other popular types of visas include business visas, student visas, and work visas. Each type of visa has its own set of requirements that must be met in order to be approved. INDIAN VISA FOR NORWEGIAN CITIZENS
The tourist visa is the most common type of visa applied for by Indian citizens. It allows for travel to India for leisure purposes such as sightseeing, visiting relatives, or attending cultural events. To be eligible for a tourist visa, applicants must have a valid passport with at least six months remaining before expiration and two blank pages available for stamps. They must also show proof of onward travel and provide documentation outlining the purpose of their trip. Business visas are intended for those traveling to India on business purposes such as attending meetings or conferences, conducting research, or signing contracts. To be eligible for a business visa, applicants must have a valid passport with at least six months remaining before expiration and two blank pages available for stamps. They must also provide documentation from their employer outlining the purpose of their trip and confirming their status as an employee. Student visas are intended for those traveling to India to study at an educational institution. To be eligible for a student visa, applicants must have a valid passport with at least six months remaining before expiration and two blank pages available for stamps. They must also provide documentation from their educational institution outlining the purpose
Eligibility Criteria for Malaysian and Norwegian Citizens
To be eligible for an Indian visa, Malaysian and Norwegian citizens must meet the following criteria:
-Have a valid passport with at least six months of remaining validity
-Have a digital photo taken within the last six months
-Have proof of onward travel out of India
-Be able to show sufficient financial means to support their stay in India
-Have a clean criminal record
-Not be infected with any communicable diseases
Required Documents for Malaysian and Norwegian Citizens
As a Malaysian or Norwegian citizen, you will need to submit the following documents when applying for an Indian visa:
– A valid passport with at least six months of remaining validity and at least two blank pages.
– A completed visa application form. You can download the form here.
– Two recent passport-sized photographs (taken within the last six months) with a white background.
– A photocopy of your flight itinerary or hotel booking confirmation.
– If you are planning to stay in India for more than 60 days, you will need to provide a letter from your employer detailing your purpose of travel and length of stay, as well as a copy of your most recent pay stub.
The Application Process
The process of applying for an Indian visa from Malaysia or Norway is relatively simple and can be done entirely online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the website of the Indian High Commission in Malaysia or Norway and create an account.
- Log in to your account and fill out the online application form. Be sure to include all required information and documents.
- Once you have submitted your application, pay the visa fee online. You will need to provide a valid credit or debit card for payment.
- Print out the confirmation page after payment has been made. This is required for your visa interview at the High Commission.
- Schedule an appointment for your visa interview by calling the High Commission or using their online scheduling system.
6 . Attend your interview at the appointed time and date, with all required documents in hand. The interviewer will ask you questions about your travel plans and purpose of visit, so be prepared to answer these questions truthfully and concisely.
7 . If your application is successful, you will be issued a visa that allows you to stay in India for up to six months. Your passport will be stamped with the visa, and you can then begin making travel plans!